Take a moment and engage in a reality check: What’s right in front of you?
I see in front of me, pinned on a bulletin board, the gratitude list I created on June 20th this year during my healthy living challenge. My gratitude list is written in red, but what is written in blue has my attention.
“KEEP DOING WHAT I AM DOING. I AM WORTH IT”
I will be perfectly honest with you, since my dad’s passing I have been struggling with what to do next. The struggle comes from sitting in my own fears. However, when I reflect on the last ten years I am aware that I have spread my wings—mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. So why are these destructive beliefs showing up?
These destructive beliefs are showing up because I’m not standing in my own truth to let my own light shine. Matthew 5:16 says: in the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven.
This is how I ReSet to recognize and stand in my truth:
- I am empowered to shine, to serve, to love and be loved
- I am created for greatness; to make a difference in other’s lives and my own
- I no longer am hiding; can be open and real; I can only be me
- I am equipped to do what I have been called to do
- I am worthy to stand in a place of loving; respecting and accepting of myself
- I acknowledge that I can make the choice to not be a victim by standing in my truth
I am Me, created by God in His image.
Where are you standing today?
What beliefs are you telling yourself?
Put your attention on your light and let it shine!